Today, I ‘m doing a review of List.ly, an easy-to-use list curating tool. List.ly enables you to set up a list of articles related to a certain topic and embed it in various styles into your blog. I’ve set it up in List.ly’s gallery style. In this format, my five articles appear side-by-side. I could have created a full list with the articles one under the other or a short list just showing the article title links. My last visual option would have been just my top article appearing as the header. Once the reader clicked on it, the list with the other articles would appear.
Why Use List.ly?
1. List.ly helps curate lists of things people care about inside your blog post easily. You simply copy and paste some code into your blog post or use the free List.ly plugin.
2. Lists are a structured way to present your content on your blog and on the List.ly site.
3. Each of your articles can be shared on Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in, and Google+.
4. Your blog article will get more activity as people share your listed articles. Your blog content won’t stagnate.
5. There is a free version of List.ly which works on WordPress, Blogger, Joomla, Tumblr, Expression Engine, Typepad and more. The premium version gives you more options.
6. People who view your lists can add articles related to your topic to your list. (crowdsourcing) This keeps your content fresh.
7.You can develop relationships. List.ly helps you connect directly with others who share your same passion and add to your lists.
8. Lists are informative, social,and fun.
9. List.ly improves SEO. Embedding a list on your blog adds fresh content. Google loves fresh content.
10. List.ly can handle many smart media formats such as Video, Prezis, and Slideshare.
My List.ly review just touches the surface. I can’t stress enough how much fun and how easy it is to use. Also, when you are in a pinch for content, this does the trick. You can post a list of articles and write a brief introduction. To join List.ly and learn all of the details, go here.