It’s the busiest shopping time of the year especially for retailers. Research firm e-Marketer predicts that this year online holiday season retail sales will hit $885 billion as more people shop online and use mobile devices! E-mail marketing will be the best way to reach online customers with social media following. In fact, in a 2014 survey done by Mail Chimp, every marketer who participated said they were going to use email marketing in 2015. Video will also play a bigger part in reigning in those holiday shoppers.
What 2015 Holiday Marketing Ideas Can You Use to Make Money?
- How about offering a “Best Deal of the Year” and run it until the end of December. Emphasize the end date of the offer in your email marketing campaigns. Think of something that they would be crazy not to purchase. Two for one specials, a 50% off offer on certain services.
- You might want to offer free shipping without any minimum purchase on a product on free shipping day which is Friday, December 18th. Think of all of the people who hate to pay shipping you would attract.
- Feature a “Last Sleigh Day” which is December 22nd this year. This is the last date to purchase to guarantee Christmas delivery with express shipping.
- Offer holiday decorating tips in your email marketing. Holiday recipes also work.
- Decorate your emails and social media pages with holiday-themed graphics. Consumers are in the mood to spend because this is the happiest time of the year.
- If you offer services and don’t have a store front, look for merchants who serve the same consumers you do and have a holiday event. Have refreshments, let people shop the store, and raffle off a gift to get email addresses. You can have flyers at the event explaining your services and offering a special pricing on one of them.
- Hold a holiday event for a charity. One home staging client of mine hosts a wreath–making event to benefit a local charity. She places free notices in local newspapers and even gets TV coverage. Ticket purchases are via Eventbrite so she doesn’t have to answer the phone. She is getting great exposure and collecting leads, too.
- Offer a Holiday Room Makeover or Holiday Decorating special. You could redesign a guest bedroom or the seating and decorating in a room which will be used for entertaining.
- Run a super special on services or products on Cyber Monday or Black Friday. Create urgency by only offering your deal for a few hours on those days.
Use email marketing to notify your target market of your events and special offerings. Post on your social media sites but be advised that you will most likely reach more people by using the ad feature of each site. Google ads are a bit more expensive but provide another option. Make sure you include social share and follow buttons in your emails. Creating a video that you can include in your email and social media marketing adds a much more personal touch.
If you want to capture email addresses, you will need to create a landing page on your website. A landing page is where people land when they click a call-to-action button in your ad such as” Let’s Get Started”, “Buy Now”. Lead Pages, Wishpond, and Get Reponses are three different companies offering the software for you to easily build your own landing page.
We hope you are able to implement a few of our 2015 holiday marketing ideas. Keep track of which marketing strategies worked so you can try them during the 2016 holiday season. It will be here before we know it!